Reefer Truck Driving Attentions in Summer
On condition long time reefer truck driving with transport refrigeration unit in hot summer, reefer truck drivers shall pay attention to at least four issues.
1. Do not fatigue driving. Long time driving in hot summer as well as single environment during transportation easily lead to fatigue, especially in afternoon and midnight. The driver may feel not only mentally or physically fatigue but also visually fatigue. If such condition has happened, the driver should have a rest according to personal condition in service area. We also recommend equip electric truck air conditioner in the cab to create better driving environment as well as comfort and secured rest area in sleeper.
2. Veering or braking malfunction. Long time exposure vehicle to extreme hot in summer makes vehicle prone to be malfunction. If veering control has been lost, the driver shall keep the vehicle run straight according to current status of vehicle and road instead of emergency braking. Proper measures include gradual release accelerate pedal, forced gear down to decelerate, etc. Press on braking pedal shall be soft and continuous to decelerate truck as soon as possible in case of impact. Meanwhile turn on alarm light or sound the horn to caution other vehicles is necessary.
3. Decrease driving duration in summer especially in highway. Pull over and have a rest when met service area. During the gap, the driver would also have time to check tire temperature. If tire temperature is too high, it shall be cooled down but not with cold water. Overload or emergency braking in prohibited.
Moreover, some other problems like air lock and break in pipeline, and insufficient brake fluid or air pressure, will lead to braking malfunction and life threat to the driver. On condition suffering braking malfunction, keep calm is first. The driver shall grip steering wheel and stop pressing on accelerate pedal to have traction resistance braking as well as change direction to avoid impact. To decelerate the vehicle, parking braking or forced gear down is adoptable.
4. Avoid over temperature on engine. Reefer truck shall be checked and maintained periodically. The driver shall notice the change on water thermometer. The temperature of water shall not above 95°. If the temperature has risen above 95°, pull over the vehicle at shade place to cool down.
Corunclima Engine Driven Transport Refrigeration Unit V350F (chiller unit for 12-14m³ container) Gallery:
* Alias has been used in the news for commercial secret protection.
Zhengzhou Corun. Tech. Co. Ltd., & Corunclima
With nearly 20 yrs’ exp. in R&D and manufacture in transport refrigeration unit and all-electric air conditioner, Corunclima gradually evolves from manufacturer to professional consultant of eco-friendly, cost-effective, customizable transport cooling solution.